Canada is a country that doesn’t focus on diversification of its immigrant population. It doesn’t have a DV lottery program like the US. However, people are still confused about the existence of a similar lottery program in Canada. In this post, we have covered the various aspects of this confusion to make you understand what this is all about.
To start with, let us try and understand what DV lottery means.
What is the DV lottery?
DV Lottery or Diversity Visa Lottery is a lottery program organized by the State Department of the USA. Through this lottery program, 55,000 immigrant visas are made available to selected countries all around the world. The motive of this lottery program is to diversify the immigrant population in the US.
The lottery program is also known by the names Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program or the Diversity Visa Program (DV).
Is there a Canada DV Lottery like in the USA?
There is a lot of confusion among aspiring immigrants about a DV lottery program in Canada. Misleading information from various websites adds to this confusion. However, as you are here, you will know what exactly the confusion is and if there is any lottery program in Canada similar to the USA DV lottery.
There is no Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program in Canada. The confusion or the rumor about a similar lottery program is due to the existence of an immigration program in Canada that works like a lottery. It is known as the Express Entry Program.
This immigration program aims to promote the immigration of skilled workers in Canada from various parts of the world. It came into formation in the year 2015. Since then, there has been a hype that Canada has a similar lottery program to the DV Lottery program in the US. Some even named it Canada DV Lottery.
For those of you who are still cynical about the existence of such a program in the country, you can check Canada’s official websites related to immigration.
What is the easiest way to go to Canada?
The easiest way to go to Canada is through the Express Entry Program. It is not just the easiest way, but the fastest way too. If you fail this process or are unsuitable for applying through this process, there are other ways. Sadly, the other methods are long and arduous.
Step by step process to apply for Canada PR:
For the sake of this article, let’s assume that you want to go to Canada via the Express Entry Program. Here are the things that you need to do to apply for the program and go through it.
1. Create your Express Entry Profile here. You can do this by filling in your personal details and other important details such as language test results and National Occupational Classification (NOC) job title and code.
2. Summit the profile within 60 days. You will receive an invitation to apply on the basis of your CRS score.
3. Wait for an invitation to apply and get ready with the documents. If you are invited, you will have 60 days to submit the complete application.
4. Prepare your documents and pay the Express Entry fees (usually $1040/person)
5. Confirm your Permanent Residency by sending your passport for stamping.